Here’s a fun way to start with making a change to your workout routine:
- Make a list of 14 different ways you are willing to do a 20-minute workout.
- Write each one down on a slip of paper and place it in a bowl.
- For the next 14 days, right before your dedicated workout time, with your eyes closed, draw one slip of paper and proceed with the designated workout routine.
Five benefits of this fun workout routine change:
- You will start thinking outside the box when planning your workout routines.
- You will have planned two weeks worth of workout routines in one sitting.
- You will not be able to think through your workout routine prior to drawing it out of the bowl.
- You will have surprised your brain and body.
- You will become even more creative with your next list of workout routines.
- Walk outside rather than on a treadmill
- Stop by a different greenway/park to walk on your way home from work
- Buy (or exchange with a friend) a new beginning dance/yoga dvd
- Sign up for lap swimming lessons
- Add 5 minutes of climbing stairs to the beginning of a workout
- Add 5 minutes of jumping rope to the end of a workout
- Jump on a rebounder for 10 minutes in the morning and again in the evening
- Sign up to train for a half-marathon (even better, sign up for the half-marathon!)
- If walking is your thing, take a workshop in Chi Walking or Power Walking and change up the way you walk.
- Instead of bringing in as many groceries as you in one trip, bring in one bag at a time, with a quicker pace.